Through the Year with the DRE: a chart outlining the “typical” responsibilities that a catechetical leader/DRE is faced with over the course of a year.
10 Tips for New D/RE's: new to religious education? Download this exclusive eBook
Looking for? Archdiocesan Catechetical Office forms and publications.
Blogs and Online Resources:
- A Cyberpilgrim's Blog: it's about digital discipleship and how to transform ministry through technology.
- Be My Disciples: find ways to help teachers, parents, catechists and students articulate the gospel message so that others will better understand it. A ministry of RCL Benziger.
- Catechesis 2.0: gives you a broad overview of many of the web 2.0 tools that may be valuable in catechetical ministry.
- Catechesis in the Third Millennium: a blog designed to share insights and ideas for carrying out the work of catechesis in a Catholic Parish.
- Catholic Education Resource Center: online source for information on Catholic faith and culture.
- Formed: the Catholic faith on demand; provides streaming Catholic content for religious education programs and parishes.
- Handing on the Faith: a catechetical blog by Ms. Maureen McKew, Director of Communications for the Catechetical Office.
- Marc Cardaronella's Catechetical Blog: where parish leaders, catechists, and parents can find ideas, information, and resources for handing on the beauty of the Catholic Faith in a way that inspires others to change their lives for Christ.
- The Diocesan Educational/Catechetical Leadership: designed for those leaders who serve the Bishops in Diocesan level roles as Vicar, Secretary of Education, Superintendent of Schools, and Directors/Staffs of Diocesan Office of Religious Education or other office staffs with a catechetical responsibility.
- DRE Connect: brings faith formation leaders together to share their experiences and grow in their ministry. They can mentor their peers and re-connect with the spirituality that first motivated them to serve.
- Sadlier's We Believe and Share: inspiration and resources for Catholics.
- Hints for Caring for Catechists: catechists look to catechetical leaders for inspiration, guidance, and support.
- Staten Island Partnership For Community Wellness: provides backbone support to initiatives and moving towards the integration of behavioral and physical health across systems.
- Three Minute Retreat: good resource for leading staff prayer.
- Top Ten Reasons You Should Become a Catechist: OSV author, John Norton, writes about why people should consider being a catechist. A valuable resource for directors and coordinators of religious education for recruitment purposes.
- Catechetical Leader: offers challenging articles, insightful reflections, commentary, book reviews, and updates on catechetical topics every other month.
- Catechist: written for catechists in parish religious education programs and for teachers of religion in Catholic schools. For nearly four decades, Catechist magazine has been the leading periodical that helps both the veteran and the first-year catechist/teacher be more successful.
- The Catechetical Review: an international quarterly catechetical journal primarily written for Directors of Religious Education, catechetical leaders, religious educators, youth ministers, RCIA coordinators and anyone involved in faith formation. From the Franciscan University of Steubenville.
- The Sower: an international quarterly catechetical journal primarily written for Directors of Religious Education, catechetical leaders, religious educators, youth ministers, RCIA coordinators and anyone involved in faith formation.