October is traditionally called the Month of the Rosary.
"Meditation engages thought, imagination, emotion, and desire. This mobilization of faculties is necessary in order to deepen our convictions of faith, prompt the conversion of our heart, and strengthen our will to follow Christ. Christian prayer tries above all to meditate on the mysteries of Christ, as in lectio divina or the rosary. This form of prayerful reflection is of great value, but Christian prayer should go further: to the knowledge of the love of the Lord Jesus, to union with him." (Catechism of the Catholic Church, #2708)
- Marialis Cultus: For the Right Ordering and Development of Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary by Blessed Pope Paul VI.
- How to Pray the Rosary: a handout that teaches how pray the Rosary.
- Try the Virtual Rosary for your computer or PDA.
- Learn more about the Rosary.
- Doing Rite: The Rosary -- a four page brochure detailing the mysteries and relates the rosary to scripture and the liturgy from The Institute for Christian Formation.
- PowerPoint presentation on the Rosary: provides a basic overview of the Catholic tradition of celebrating October as the Month of the Holy Rosary. The presentation includes a complete script so that catechists and religion teachers can effectively lead their students to a deeper understanding of this treasured Catholic devotion.
Collections of Saints
Saints or Saints to be
- If you are interested in learning more about the process of canonization,