Safe Environment Resources
Computer Safety Sites
- A Parents’ Guide to Cell Phone Use: a free pdf download that examines the issues of cell phone use for children and teens.
- Commonsense Media: gives insight on the latest entertainment and tech so you can decide what's right for your children. Claims to be an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization.
- Faith and Safety: a joint collaboration between the US Conference of Catholic Bishops and the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, this webstie gives some simple, straightforward advice and tools on how families can navigate the digital world.
- SafeKids.com: among the most established sites for Internet safety, it contains many resources for parents and educators in understanding and dealing with keeping kids safe online.
- Family Safe Media: offers the latest products and services that can help parents control the media in their homes.
- Online Safety for Kids: the official kids' portal for the U.S. government with online safety areas for the grades K-5 and grades 6-8.
- OnguardOnline.gov: helps you provide the people in your community with information about protecting kids online. Regardless of your experience as a speaker — or your expertise in online safety — this kit has the resources and information you need to convey key points about protecting kids online.