- BibleGateway.com: This website enables you to search various versions of the Bible by passage, keyword or phrase.
- BibleVerses: a free version of the Bible created specifically for users with vision disabilities.
- Biblia Clerus: This website program, which also can be downloaded to your computer, is provided by the Vatican Office of the Congregation of the Clergy and offers Sacred Scripture, its interpretation in light of Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Magisterium, with appropriate theological commentary and exegesis.
- Codex Sinaiticus: the oldest Bible manuscript is available online.
- Douay-Rheims Bible: A 17th century translation of the Bible in English. This online tool is searchable by word or phrase.
- Faith Comes by Hearing: offers the world’s largest catalog of Audio Bibles in over 700+ language. Mobile app available.
- Gospel Parallels: An online comparison of the four gospels. A great study tool when looking for similarities and differences in the Gospel accounts.
- King James Bible: Background and resources for the 400th anniversary of the King James version of the Bible in 2011.
- New American Bible Rivsed: An online version of the New American Bible, revised edition.
- Parallel Bible: an app for the Bible in which you upload pictures, artworks and tag them with a verse. (Like Insta meets the Bible).
- The Truth and Life Bible App: A free dramatized audio Bible app includes the entire RSV-CE Bible and Gospel of Mark audio.
- Gift of the Gospels: A free scripture study offered by the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston available to all who wish to study the Gospels of Luke and Matthew and adaptable for use in parish, home, and individual settings.
- Little Rock Scripture Study: Develops and distributes Bible study materials for adult Catholics in parishes and small faith communities who want to continue on their journey of faith.
- New York Catholic Bible School: Offers adults the scriptural foundations of our Catholic faith. The Bible School, sponsored by the Catechetical Office, meets each year for three trimesters. A trimester is comprised of 10 sessions.
- University of Dallas Catholic Biblical School: Rigorous, scholarly and in conformity with the best of Catholic biblical tradition. The program, which is split into 12 modules over 4 years, is designed to fit into various schedules, with both online and onsite options. As a CBS student, you can strengthen your faith through a deeper knowledge of scripture.
- Other programs are listed on Wisdom Overflowing: Bible Study Programs for Catholics.
Church Documents on Scripture
- American Bible Society: Society dedicated to ensuring that people who need Bibles receive them. ABS has many scripture-related materials.
- Catholic Biblical Association: Society of biblical scholars who promote, within a context of faith, scholarly study in Scripture.
- Concordance of the Bible: Simplify looking for a word or phrase from scripture by using this tool.
- Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Project: The Israel Museum allows Internet users to examine and explore these most ancient manuscripts from Second Temple. Developed in partnership with Google, the website gives users access to searchable, fast-loading, high-resolution images of the scrolls, as well as short explanatory videos and background information on the texts and their history.
- Guidelines for Choosing a Parish Bible Program: What to consider when selecting a Bible program for your parish.
- Jerusalem 3D Virtual Tour: walk freely & learn with a 3D replica of holy sites in Jerusalem.
- Loyola Press: Offers information on the basics of Catholic teachings, Scripture, Catholic Mass and other Catholic Devotions.
- Madaba Map Online: Visit the mosaic floor of an ancient church at Madaba (Jordan) which depicts a map of Jerusalem at the time of Jesus.
- Virtual Tour of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre: a 360° tour with information about the history and layout of this ancient church.